Monday, April 20, 2009

Photo Carry Around


Last night I made this adorable little photo book. It's designed to just hold 12 current photos of my favorite baby, so as she grows I can change them out to show off just how cute she really is. It's also designed to hold up to the wear and tear of being carried around in my purse every day.













Materials:
Double thick chipboard sheets
Bind-it-all 3/4" black o-wire
Teresa Collins 4x6" page protectors
Basic Grey Two Scoops paper
Bazzill green and pink textured paper
1/4" white elastic inked with Stampin' Up's mellow moss
SU pink and green buttons
SU word stamps "my" "sweet" "baby"
sanding block and embroidery thread
Super sticky double sided tape
craft paint







Cut everything to size (1/8" larger than the page protectors).
Paint the edges of the chipboard with coordinating craft paint, here I used a sage green.
Because the double-thick chipboard will just barely fit into the BIA, I punched it before covering, then punched the cardstock to match and adhered it to the chipboard afterward.

Before attaching the inside covers to the chipboard, I punched two brad-sized holes in the lower outside edge of the back page. Here I attached the inked elastic to form a strap to keep the book closed. I simply sewed the elastic and green button through the two holes (just like putting a button on a shirt). I then attached the inside covers.

On the front, I attached a pink button on the elastic for decoration and then sanded the edges of the paper to give a slightly distressed look. I then stamped my title onto the pink cardstock, sanded the edges of both the pink and green and attached the title to the front of the book.

I hope that made sense to anyone who wanted to know how I made this.

No comments:

Post a Comment