Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Scrapbook Room Organizing project

I'm going to be doing a little scrapbook room organizing project, which is funny because of all the rooms in my house, this is the most organized. But anyway, I'm starting things off with some pictures.

Last fall, I needed to replace the carpet in my craft room (it was yucky and original to the house). So I pulled it up and put down laminate flooring. This gave me the chance to clear everything out and re-organize it. I've only put back in things that I use or need to keep (but that also left me with a guest bedroom piled with stuff that I need to throw away!!!).

Here is the room after I put things back in (it is not normally this clean!):




I have added a few things since these photos were taken. There is now an additional table below the big wall shelf. This houses my sewing maching and Cricut and other tools. I've added a second rolling hanging file cabinet to house my patterned papers. I've put my stickers and thickers in a basket. And I've added baskets to the wall shelf and put my stamps in them (and labeled them). I'll have to add a picture of that when I get a chance. Oh and I've cleared out two drawers in the right hand side of the desk.

What am I looking to organize you say?

1. Ribbon storage: it's currently in drawers and I don't like it. I don't like any of the options for ribbon storage that I see either! I bought some glass jars to try, but doubt I'll like them. I might like hanging them from rings, but am worried about fading and such. Also, where to hang them?

2. I'd like some pegboard along the underside of the wall shelf to house some more tools.

3. The closet has shelf space in it and it is in pretty good shape, but could use some changes.

4. Develop storage plans that make it easy to take things to crops. And easy to put things back. That's the hardest part for me, it's taking me 2 weeks to put things back. I've bought some 31 bags to help with that and they arrive today!

5. Re-file my patterned paper, it's gotten out of color-order.

6. Photo storage: needs to be more organized, purge all bad photos, decide on regular photo albums for photos not scrapped.

7. Finish bringing phone outlet into room so I can get online without dragging the long cord from the other room.

8. Re-label the small table-top drawers. They've been re-organized and really need new labels.

And that's about it! I wish I had had time to re-paint the room when I did the floor, but it's okay for now.

What am I really happy with?

1. My desk space. The unfinished kitchen cabinets and the readily available countertop from Lowe's is perfect. I only wish I'd gotten 2 like the right one instead.

2. My sun-resistant blinds. The sun comes directly in that window in the later afternoon and not only is is blinding, but it caused my papers to fade dramatically. I cannot stress enough how much I love these blinds! And they're cordless too!

3. My TV! Love to watch it while I scrap.

4. Purple and white color scheme. Love. It.

5. Having most tools and supplies right at my fingertips.

That's all for now!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing your scrap space! It looks like you are off to a great start! Love that purple/ mauve color!

    ReplyDelete